Begin discovering your roots
Ground-breaking advances in the sequencing of DNA allows us to trace back lineage and ancestry thousands of years back using a simple buccal swab samples. Your DNA is a permanent repository of your ancestor’s provenance and a map of their movements across the globe. EasyDNA Australia can help you reveal your origins with ancestral origins DNA testing.
Genealogy, anthropology research and scientific analysis merge together in ancestry testing. Discover ancestral past by mapping your genes. Could you be part Northern European or perhaps part Asian? The most comprehensive and scientific way to answer your question is with a genealogy test: begin unearthing your roots today.
Click here to read A Beginner’s Guide to DNA Ancestry Testing which compares the different types of ancestry DNA tests we offer.
What will my genetic ancestry map show me?
This map is split into 3 main sections:
- Population Matches- In this section your DNA is measured against all the existing populations available in our database. Each population is symbolized by shapes and colours, which indicate the strength of the match. For example, a green colour shows the best matches or those groups which have most genetic similarity to you; yellow is a good match while red means there is no match and you thus, share no genetic similarity. Anthropological regions (3 regions) are also indicated. These are represented as dispersed populations, meaning that the pre-existing population has over time migrated to another part of the world originating however, from small scattered groups over one particular area.
- Native Region Matches-This section uses a completely different set of calculations than the previous one in that it does not focus on dispersed populations but rather on anthropological native regions. This type can be considered as a more in depth, deeper-root match.
- Strength Indicators- Each region where there is a match is then compared against the other and a cumulative strength of all the matched populations is calculated. In this way not only will you find out how each region compares to the other but also a bigger picture of your entire match map. This is referred to as the first strength indicator. In the second strength indicator, native regions are represented in a small map that compares each native region against the other.
Further information about our test
- It is printed using a high quality five-dye printing process on glossy photographic paper
- The map’s dimensions are 17 X 10.6 inches
- Each map is unique to the individual; it is personalized with your name printed on it
- The price of our ancestry test costs $395 and will be sent to you within 2 to 3 weeks
- Images are rich in colour and you can even frame it in your home for everyone to admire, adding a distinct, personal touch to your decor. Ancestry testing also makes an exceptionally unique gift.
You and your family deserve to know about your origins. Order your Ancestral Origins™ DNA Test today to find out! Or why not send it as a gift to your loved ones? Go to our order page or have us contact you to give you more information and answer any questions you may have.
We offer a professional telephone interpretation once you receive your Ancestral Origins DNA Ancestry map and report. Consultation sessions are up to 15 minutes in length and are provided by telephone only. If ordered at the same time as submitting your samples for testing, the advanced purchase price per consultation session is $75. This service can be purchased after you receive your map. Consultation sessions may not be recorded or reproduced without the expressed written consent of EasyDNA.
What does Ancestral DNA tell us?
Imagine you could trace distant family members and connect to your ancestral clans? An ancestral DNA test provides you with just this opportunity: to take a look into your millennia-old origins, helping you trace your cultural roots. It allows you to see that part of your family tree that you can only gain access to by doing a DNA test.
For those of you who are interested in finding out more, our ancestry test is the answer: Comparing your sample against hundreds of populations worldwide, your ancestral DNA is run against the DNA of studied populations to find matches. Once we have found the matches we need, we can proceed to determine your “geogenetic roots”, connecting you with the regions from which your ancestors came.
All results are then plotted on the Ancestral Origins DNA Ancestry Map illustrating your unique genetic heritage. Click here to view your ancestral origins map.