X Chromosome Testing
Every female has 23 XX chromosome pairs. The X chromosome test is commonly used to determine if sisters with different mothers share the same father. The cost of this test is AUD $695.
When would you need an X chromosome test? Order DNA Test
- An X chromosome test can help females establish whether they share the same biological father. If the females tested have different mothers, we do not require the addition of the mother's sample for the test.
- In cases where females share the same mother, they can still carry out an this test but only if the mothers sample is available for testing.
At easyDNA we offer a full range of Sibling DNA tests. X Chromosome testing starts at only $695.
- Proceed to our Order DNA Test page. Select your test depending on the number of test partipants and whether the mother's DNA sample is available for the test.
- Once you have placed your order we will send out your DNA test kit. For detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to use your DNA testing kit please visit our sample collection guide page
- A pre-addressed enveloped is provided for you to send the samples back to the lab.
You will receive your results in 17- 21 working days.
For more information on the X-chromosome testing and our DNA relationship tests you may choose to contact us or to have us call you.
About the X chromosome
The X chromosome is one of the 2 chromosomes which determines sex. The X chromosome is also much more complex and carries far more genes than the Y; in fact they carry 2,000 : 50 respectively. There are certain abnormalities where people can have extra X chromosomes or other abnormalities in this chromosome. Because both males and females have X chromosome any chromosome abnormalities may manifest themselves in different ways. Some examples of X chromosome autosomal abnormalities include Klinefelter syndrome and Trisonomy X.